Saturday, November 21, 2009

WAM participating artist Ric Standridge


"Painting / making art, whether through visual arts, music, theater or writing, is my key to the secret garden, my way down the rabbit hole, my looking glass.

The most compelling subject on the planet is a person. People fascinate me, intrigue me, baffle me, disappoint me, inspire me, and make me laugh and cry. Therefore, I mostly want to paint people. If I am not painting them, then I many times create and paint with them, as I do in my Music Inspired Painting Shows. Such as, The Love Show, The Liberty Rock Show, Artistic Union, painting with the music of singer/songwriter, Angie Aparo.

It’s your turn now…
My paintings are not to provide answers, nor do they convey a real sense of my personal beliefs. They are simply art… asking what is in it for me, and for you the viewer, these spirits and images, who might show up at times, perhaps even looking a lot like yourself."

- Ric Standridge


“Paint the spirit of the bird, not the feathers of the bird.” - Robert Henri

No comments:

Post a Comment