Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Heather K. Mitchell Participating Artist


I began knitting years ago because of my love for the textures and colors of great yarn.  Scarves and hats that add a pop of color in winter can take a drab outfit to a whole new level!  I have bought many of my yarns from other countries, such as Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Mexico where I can find textures and fibers not easily found here in the states... Many of my scarves have beadwork on the end or throughout the scarf to add a bit of shine and sparkle to balance out the soft warmth of the scarves.  I use wool, alpaca and various blends... The hats are incredibly warm and are great for the guys.  They are rugged and handsome and much better quality than the average beanie.  

-Heather K. Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment